Based on our records below you can see that Safety is a very important factor in TRIO’s culture.
All employees go through an extensive Safety Orientation that includes training before they are sent out
to the field. There is also Site-Specific training given based on project needs.
- Cut Prevention
- Fall Protection
- Ladder Safety
- Hot Work
- JSA / PSA
- Struck By
- Preventing Strains
- Heat Safety
- Excavation Safety
- Aerial Lift
- Scissor Lift
- Scaffold Training
- Rigging Training & Awareness
- All Project Leaders are required to have OSHA 30 Hour and First Aid/CPR Training.
- Employees are required to complete a daily JSA and a PSA (Personal Safety Analysis). The PSA card is done digitally with a QR code and whenever an employee changes tasks they must complete a new PSA.
- PSA is required to be filled out by anyone on or visiting a project.
- Each project is Audited 2-3 times per month by the Safety Team, our Fatal 5 Audits cover several items based on TRIO’s scope of work. Passing score must be 90 or above. TRIO’s Fatal 5 are Hot Work, Ladders, Falls, Housekeeping and PPE.
- Random Drug Testing is done frequently.
Job specific includes:
|Year||EMR||TRIR||LTIR||TX Recordables||Total Recordables||Restricted Cases||Lost Time||Other Recordable||Hours Worked||Average Employees|
BLS definition of TRIR = (# Recordable Cases * 200,000)/Hours Worked in Year)
BLS definition of LTIR = (# Lost Time Cases * 200,000)/Hours Worked in Year)
Texas Electrical Contractors Average TRIR Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics (http://www.bls.gov/iif/oshstate.htm)